First of all, the Year 4 team would like to say a huge thank you to those children who produced amazing projects for our ’Grand Design’ work last half term. Well done and keep up the good work! Over the next few weeks Year 4 will be learning all about the Ancient Greeks in our ’The Ancient Greeks’ project. This term we will be making Ancient Greek pots, competing in our Greek Olympics and learning all about the history of this civilisation.
As usual, children are asked to complete a project on any aspect of their learning they are particularly interested in, related to our theme.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Why not choose an aspect of Ancient Greek life, research and write a non-chronological report based on your findings.
- Get artistic by researching Ancient Greek art and producing some of your own.
- Build an Greek temple, considering the design and materials you use.
- Research the similarities and differences between ancient and modern day Greece and create a tourist guide.
- Write a newspaper article about a historical event such as the Battle of Troy or the Battle or Marathon.
- Create some Greek Gods ‘top trumps’ cards, showing their special powers and areas of weakness.
These ideas are a guideline to get you going but if you have your own brilliant idea then don’t hesitate to go for it! We ask that pupils spend a minimum of 30 minutes a week on their project homework and if they make a model, it should be accompanied with some written homework too. If you have any questions, please ask any member of the Year 4 team. Good luck!
DUE DATE: Monday 21st March
Click here for The Ancient Greeks activities.
Click here for The Ancient Greeks Parent Information.